How do I configure Quin-C to use a Distributed Processing Manager that's installed on another machine (not the same machine running Quin-C Server)?
- A configured and working Distributed Processing Manager pointed to one or more Distributed Processing Engines
- Proper firewall exceptions between the Quin-C Server machine and Distributed Processing Manager machine
- Navigate to the Forensic Tools bin folder (typically "[drive]:\Program Files\AccessData\Forensic Tools\[version]\bin\")
- Open ADG.WeblabSelfHost.exe.config in a text editor
- In the appSettings section, find and change the value of the ProcessManager key to the hostname of the Distributed Processing Manager machine, as shown below:
<add key="ProcessingManager" value="myDPM" />
- In the client section under the system.serviceModel section, find and change the address and name of the endpoint key to the reflect hostname of the Distributed Processing Manager machine, as shown below:
<endpoint address="net.pipe://myDPM/ProcessingManager" binding="netNamedPipeBinding"
- Restart the AccessData Quin-C Self Host Service service