The following will allow you generate and apply a Quin-C license from or Quin-C Order Number.
Your Quin-C Order Number will typically be contained in an email entitled "Thank you for your recent Quin-C order!", and will be sent from email@example.com.
If you have not received or have misplaced an expected Quin-C Order Number, please contact your Sales representative or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Obtain your license key:
- Navigate to https://www.quincforensics.com/quincsupport.html.
- In the Get Your License Key box, enter you Order Number (from the above mentioned email), you Quin-C Server Machine Name (Base URL), and your Email Address, then click Submit.
Note: The "Machine Name" field must be the base URL you will use to navigate to Quin-C. This could be your server's NETBIOS name, FQDN, or a DNS alias.
- Copy out one of the resulting strings, depending on your desired licensing methods, and save it for your records.
License Key: License string to use when not using either a CodeMeter physical or virtual dongle.
Dongle String: License string to use when using either a CodeMeter physical or virtual dongle.
- Choose one of the license activation methods shown below.
Option 1 - Activate your license without a CodeMeter dongle:
- Log into Quin-C, making sure to use the Machine Name/Base URL used when obtaining your license.
- If you're immediately prompted to enter a License Key, enter the full License Key obtained above and click Enter.
- If you are running another, unexpired, license or trial, you can update your license by doing the following:
1. Open the Admin widget.
2. Go to the System Administration tab.
3. Open the License Info sub-tab.
4. Enter the full License Key from step 3 and click Enter.
Option 2 - Activate your license with a CodeMeter dongle:
- Make sure both CodeMeter and License Manager are installed.
- Contact your Sales representative and give them your Dongle String obtained above. They can then provide you with a new CodeMeter dongle or update an existing one.
- Insert/activate your CodeMeter dongle and make sure it's refreshed. License Manager should show an Insight license that looks like the following:
- Navigate to the Quin-C bin folder (typically "[drive]:\Program Files\AccessData\Forensic Tools\[version]\bin\").
- From the bin folder, open ADG.WeblabSelfHost.exe.config in a text editor.
- In the appSettings section, find and change the value of the DongleLicenseValidator key to true, as shown below, then save the file:
<add key="DongleLicenseValidator" value="true"/>
- Restart the AccessData Quin-C Self Host Service service.
NOTE: If you try to navigate to Quin-C using a different Machine Name/Base URL than used when activating your license, you will be prompted to enter a new license.