The following will allow you to generate and apply a Quin-C license from a Quin-C Order Number.
Your Quin-C Order Number will typically be contained in an email entitled "Thank you for your recent Quin-C order!", and will be sent from [email protected].
If you have not received or have misplaced an expected Quin-C Order Number, please contact your Sales representative or [email protected].
- A Quin-C Order Number
- A physical or virtual CodeMeter dongle
- Navigate to https://www.quincforensics.com/quincsupport.html.
- In the Get Your License Key box, enter you Order Number (from the above mentioned email), your Quin-C Server Machine Name (optional), and your Email Address, then click Submit.
- Copy out one of the resulting Dongle String.
- Contact your Sales representative and give them your Dongle String obtained above. They can then add it to your dongle.
- Make sure both CodeMeter and License Manager are installed.
- Insert/activate your CodeMeter dongle and make sure it's refreshed. License Manager should show an Insight license that looks like the following with your Dongle String listed as the QuincKey:
- Navigate to the Quin-C bin folder (typically "[drive]:\Program Files\AccessData\Forensic Tools\[version]\bin\").
- From the bin folder, open ADG.WeblabSelfHost.exe.config in a text editor.
- In the appSettings section, find and change the value of the IsQuincLicenseBasedOnDongle key to true, as shown below, then save the file:
<add key="IsQuincLicenseBasedOnDongle" value="true"/>
- Restart the AccessData Quin-C Self Host Service service.
- If there is already an existing license in the database, you will need to remove all them with first with the following command:
DELETE FROM ADG.ADG7x1.cmn_settings WHERE settingname LIKE '%License%'
- In some cases, upgrading from a previous version will corrupt the ADG.WeblabSelfHost.exe.config file so your dongle is not read properly. If this occurs, you will need to uninstall Forensic Tools, move/delete the remaining Forensic Tools folder, and reinstall Forensic Tools before repeating steps 7-10.
- Quin-C's Admin widget may display the license expiration date as tomorrow (according to the date of the Quin-C server). This is just a graphical error, and the true expiration can be seen in License Manager,