How do I enable SSL/HTTPS in Quin-C?
Certificate archive, in password-protected PFX format, whose "Issued To" name either matches the base URL of the Quin-C website or has a domain wildcard.
Note: The password cannot contain certain characters, such as quotes, for it to work in the XML config file.
- Copy your PFX file into the Quin-C bin folder (typically "[drive]:\Program Files\AccessData\Forensic Tools\[version]\bin\")
- From the bin folder, open ADG.WeblabSelfHost.exe.config in a text editor
- In the appSettings section, find and change the value of the https key to true, as shown below:
<add key="https" value="true" />
- Find and change the value of the certificateFileName key to the full path to your PFX file, as shown below:
<add key="certificateFileName" value="C:\Program Files\AccessData\Forensic Tools\7.2\bin\myCertificate.pfx" />
- Find and change the value of the certificatePassword key to the password for your PFX file, as shown below:
<add key="certificatePassword" value="myPassword" />
- Find and change the value of the JobMasterLink key to use https and port 443, as shown below:
<add key="JobMasterLink" value="https://localhost:443/"/>
- Restart the AccessData Quin-C Self Host Service service