How do I enable HTTPS in FTK Central using a valid web certificate?
- A Certificate archive, in password-protected PFX format, whose "Issued To" name either matches the base URL of the FTK Central website or has a domain wildcard.
Note: The password cannot contain certain characters, such as quotes, for it to work in the XML config file.
- Place your PFX file in an easy to find location, like "[drive]:\Program Files\AccessData\Certificates\"
- Navigate to the FTK Central bin folder (typically "[drive]:\Program Files\AccessData\Forensic Tools\<version>\bin\")
- Open ADG.WeblabSelfHost.exe.config in a text editor
- In the appSettings section, find and change the value of the https key to true, as shown below:
<add key="https" value="true" />
- Find and change the value of the certificateFileName key to the full path to your PFX file, as shown below:
<add key="certificateFileName" value="C:\Program Files\AccessData\Certificates\myCertificate.pfx" />
- Find and change the value of the certificatePassword key to the password for your PFX file, as shown below:
<add key="certificatePassword" value="myPassword" />Note: The password string will be encrypted when the "AccessData Exterro Host Service" is restarted
- Restart the AccessData Exterro Host Service service