How do I configure eDiscovery to collect from OneDrive through a single connector?
- eDiscovery 6.3 or newer
- Web access to OneDrive from the Collections Work Manager.
- Credentials for a O365 user with the "Global administrator" role, as well as the "Site Collection Administrator" permission for all users' OneDrives.
To configure the application to collect from OneDrive is a two part process.
First, you must create a OneDrive Server application:
1. Navigate to the Microsoft Azure Portal (https://portal.azure.com/)
2. Log in with your organization’s OneDrive global administrator’s credentials
3. In the Search bar at the top center, search for, and click on, "App registrations"
4. At “App registrations" click "New registration"
4. Give your application a Name
5. Under "Supported account types", select "Accounts in any organizational directory"
6. Under "Redirect URI", select "Web" in the drop-down and enter a URL in the form https://<eDiscoBaseURL>/accessdata
NOTE: You must use your organization's named URL from the "AD eDiscovery" application.
7. Click "Register"
8. In the Overview, copy the “Application ID”
9. Click "Certificates & secrets"
10. Click "New client secret" and choose a name and expiration, then click "Add"
11. Copy the "Client Secret" (it will not be shown again)
12. In eDiscovery, click "Data Sources"
13. Select the OneDrive tab
14. In eDiscovery, enter the noted Application ID, Client Secret, and Redirect URL
15. Click Authorize
16. When prompted, log in with your organization’s OneDrive global administrator's credentials and click “Accept”
- You may need to allow pop-ups.
- The account used to Authorize the connection must have the "Global Administrator" role in O365 as well as the "Site Collection Administrator" permission for all users' OneDrives.
- Verify that you get the message: “You have successfully connected to the OneDrive!”
17. Close the secondary window.
18. Click OK. (This must be done within a limited amount of time.)
Note: You can configure more than one connector if needed.
Associating People to OneDrive
For the application to collect from OneDrive, People must be configured with a valid O365 email address.