How To: Manually install PostgreSQL 9.6 for use with FTK 6+
Introduction: If a customer is having problems with the AD PostgreSQL 9.3 installer, the following steps can be used to manually install PostgreSQL for use with FTK.
- Download and install Python 3.3.5. Make sure you install the 64-bit version if you have a 64-bit operating system.
- Download and install PostgreSQL 9.6. Make sure you install the 64-bit version if you have a 64-bit operating system.
- (Recommended) When asked where to install the data directory, if possible, select a separate hard drive that has the least amount of I/O traffic (i.e. not your OS drive).
- (Recommended) Do not install or use Stackbuilder to install additional drivers, features, or tools.
- Open services.msc.
- Stop the postgres service.
- Navigate to the PostgreSQL data folder and edit the file "pg_hba.conf" to reflect the following changes (this will allow any IP to connect to PostgreSQL so that the Evidence Processing Engine can connect to the DB):
# TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD # IPv4 local connections: host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5 host all all 0.0.0.0/0 md5 # IPv6 local connections: # comment out the below lines if the machine does not support IPv6 host all all ::1/128 md5 host all all fe80::/64 md5
- Start the postgres service.
- Open FTK and have it add the PostgreSQL DB.