When loading Summation or eDiscovery, you receive a 503 browser error and the following error message is found in Event Viewer:
Application pool ADG.Map.AppPool has been disabled. Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) encountered a failure when it started a worker process to serve the application pool.
The identity of application pool ADG.Map.AppPool is invalid. The user name or password that is specified for the identity may be incorrect, or the user may not have batch logon rights. If the identity is not corrected, the application pool will be disabled when the application pool receives its first request. If batch logon rights are causing the problem, the identity in the IIS configuration store must be changed after rights have been granted before Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) can retry the logon. If the identity remains invalid after the first request for the application pool is processed, the application pool will be disabled. The data field contains the error number.
Application pool ADG.Map.AppPool has been disabled. Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) did not create a worker process to serve the application pool because the application pool identity is invalid.
- Verify that the Service Account has "Logon as a Service" and does not have "Deny Logon as a Service" under Local Security Policy
- Logon to the computer with administrative privileges.
- Open the ‘Administrative Tools’ and open the ‘Local Security Policy’
- Expand ‘Local Policy’ and click on ‘User Rights Assignment’
- In the right pane, right-click ‘Log on as a service’ and select properties.
- Reenter the service account password in the App Pool.
- Open IIS Manager and go to Application Pools
- Right click on ADG.Map.AppPool and choose Advanced Settings
- Scroll down to Process Model and expand it so Identity is visible.
- Left click Identity, then left click the ellipsis.
- Make sure the Custom Account radio button is selected, then click Set...
- Enter the domain\username into User Name, then enter the password into Password and Confirm password, then click OK in each dialog box until they are all closed.
- Recycle the App Pool