How can I run a SQL maintenance plan on demand?
- Previously created SQL maintenance plans
- Start the "SQL Server Agent" service
- Open up SQL Server Management Studio
- In the Object Explorer pane, expand Management
- Expand Maintenance Plans
- Right-click the desired maintenance plan and click Execute
The purpose of this article is to provide the basic steps to manually run maintenance tasks within SQL Server which is crucial to the success of heavily coded or large databases. A maintenance plan is suggested in our specifications guide. For a custom maintenance plan please contact our services department.