Why are ProductionDocID values still displayed in the item list, when selecting the "Blank" option in the column filter on the ProductionDocID column?
When using the column filter on ProductionDocID for "Blanks," both export set records and production set records are removed from the item list. However, original records for production sets will still be shown in the item list, with their ProductionDocID value.
In the example below, eight (8) items were loaded into a case as Evidence, and then, two of those items were added to a production set (objectid 2 and 3), and two were added to an export set (objectid 5 and 6).
Here is the breakdown:
1) Original records that have been included in an "Export Set" -- objectid 5 and 6.
2) Original records that have been included in a "Production Set" -- objectid 2 and 3.
3) Production set records -- objectid 2001 and 2002.
Below is a screenshot displaying ProductionDocID and all items (i.e. no column filter enabled).
Below is a screenshot displaying ProductionDocID and filtering for blanks (i.e. column filter for "Blank" is selected).
Notice that the original source records for a production set are still on display (objectid's 2 and 3).
This is not to be confused with selecting Show Only Production Sets from the Project Explorer. With that facet filter enabled, only production set records are returned to the item list grid (i.e. all original source records are removed from the grid).
See screenshot below as an example.
Three kinds of records in the item list will display a value in the "ProductionDocid" field.
1) Original records that have been included in an "Export Set."
2) Original records that have been included in a "Production Set" (i.e. source records for production set).
3) Production set records (i.e. copies of source records generated for production).
Enabling the "Blank" column filter on the "ProductionDocid" column will still leave original records, that have been included in a Production set (source records for a production), in the item list.