Summation & eDiscovery:
On all machines involved in your setup:
- Log into Windows using the credentials for your Summation/eDiscovery service account
- Open the Microsoft Services snap-in (services.msc)
- If any "AccessData" sevices are marked as Disabled, set their Startup Type to Automatic
- Copy the downloaded "Summation_6.0.1_SP3.exe" locally to the system
- Right-click on the Patch EXE and choose "Run as Administrator"
- Click "Great! Continue" to have all components on that machine patched automatically
- Follow the steps here to make sure the LawDrop temporary path is still set correctly
- There is not a new Site Server for SP3 if you are coming from SP2 or SP1. Otherwise, follow the Site Server upgrade steps from here.
- Follow steps 3-14 here to make sure your Site Server and Work Manager certificates are still set correctly.
- Follow the steps here to make sure your Work Manager collection staging folder is still set correctly.
On any machines used to access the Summation/eDiscovery Web UI:
- Clear the IE cache
- Browse to the Summation/eDiscovery Web UI and log in
- Click the version information in the top right hand corner and confirm it matches the version numbers below:
When data is processed in Summation/eDiscovery, the @ symbol is now indexed as a space character like it is in FTK/LAB. Previously it was indexed as a regular character. As an example of this change, you can now search for names in email addresses without having to use wildcards (36047). This change will be in effect only for new cases created using Patch1.