When trying to installing the AccessData Native Viewer on Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012, the installer keeps looping at the "Windows Installer Coordinator" screen without finishing.
- Cancel the Native Viewer installation
- Open Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc)
- Expand Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Session Host > Application Compatibility
- Right-click Turn off Windows Installer RDS Compatibility and click Edit
- Select Disabled and click OK
- Install the AccessData Native Viewer
- Repeat steps 3-5, but setting the option back to Enabled
Note: This group policy setting may need to be set by a Domain Administrator.
This problem is caused by an incompatibility with the Embedded MSI technology and the Windows Installer Coordinator. The Coordinator is responsible for keeping multiple MSI installations from running concurrently.