How do I configure eDiscovery to collect from SharePoint?
- A SharePoint server that can be contacted from the Collections Work Manager machine
- In a browser, log into your SharePoint Central Administration page
- Click the "Application Management" tab
- Click the "Policy for Web Application" option on the right side of the page
- Make sure that the correct Web Application is selected in the drop-down menu on the top right side and click "Add Users"
- Click "Next >"
- In the "Users:" box, enter the desired user account (to be referred to as the SharePoint service account) and validate by clicking the check button, make sure that the "Full Read - Has full read-only access." box is checked, then click "Finish"
- Repeat steps 4-6 for each Web Application you wish to collect from
- Log into eDiscovery and go to Data Sources > SharePoint
- Click the Add button in the upper-right
- Enter the desired "Web Application URL" and credentials for the SharePoint service account from step 6
- Click "OK"
eDiscovery's SharePoint connector uses Microsoft's SPServices (link here) to collect information. Starting in eDiscovery version 6.1, the connector will be upgraded to use Microsoft's CSOM libraries rather than SPServices. eDiscovery's connectors do not query directly to SharePoint's underlying MSSQL database.