How can I perform Site Server maintenance?
- Ensure there are no active collection jobs running.
- Log into eDiscovery, go to "Management" (sprocket icon) >> "Site Server Console" >> "Jobs" tab.
- Delete all of the jobs / tasks that have not already been automatically cleared from the Site Server's "Jobs" table.
- Stop the Site Server service (if running) and the collection Work Manager service.
- Open the Site Server Configuration utility.
- Navigate to the Site Server Results folder within Windows Explorer, and rename the Results folder (ie. if it used to be "SSResults", name it "SSResults.old").
- In the Site Server Configuration Utility, modify the Site Server Results folder path by either adding or removing a trailing "\" and click "Apply". This will restart the Site Server Service and rebuild the Site Server Results folder.
- Start the Site Server service and the collection Work Manager service.
These steps can help in keeping the Site Server's database clean, and aid in troubleshooting Site Server issues.