Problem: Searching against values in a Checkbox field returns none of the expected values.
Certain characters are considered word-breakers and are not normally indexed. Word-breakers include period (.), comma (,), and hyphen (-).
If the values in a Checkbox category value include a word-breaker, search results for those values may be unexpected. Please consider not using certain word-breakers within a category value.
The following characters can cause this issue.
This will occur with any designated whitespace character. For a full list refer to your case directory dts_idx\opts\Alphabet.txt file.
Steps To Reproduce:
1) Create a Checkbox Type custom field (e.g. name Fieldname).
2) Add a category value, for checkbox field from step 1, that contains a word-breaker character. E.g. using a period (.) character, add category value of "6.25.15 YES".
3) Code some records in checkbox field with category value from step 2 (e.g. code Fieldname with "6.25.15 YES").
4) Search for value from step 3, e.g. search "FieldName con 6.25.15 YES".
5) Search for "FieldName notcon 6.25.15 YES".
Searches fail to return expected results.
Searches return expected results.
Rename any category values that use a word-breaker and replace with an underscore character (_). E.g. Change "6.25.15 YES" to "6_25_15 YES".
eDiscovery 5.6.3 SP3
Summation Pro 5.6.3 SP3
Note: The creation of illegal values will be prevented in a future build.