This article describes the steps needed to move Summation Enterprise data from one Enterprise server to another, as well as steps to move Enterprise data from one SQL server to another.
Perhaps you may omit some steps depending on your needs.
For example, if the Summation Enterprise server is not changing, omit steps 1, 2, 3, 4, and 7.
If the SQL server is not changing, omit steps 5, 6, 8, 9, 10.
However, all 10 steps are needed if you have both a new Enterprise server and new SQL server.
Additional note: Steps regarding "Admin Console" assume that your Admin console has the "Use NT Security" option enabled.
NEW ENTERPRISE SERVER
1) Install Summation Enterprise 271 onto app server. During the installation process, you will be prompted to choose your sql server.
2) Install a Summation Enterprise client using the new client installer.
3) Run Admin console on the new client machine and configure security settings.
4) Optional: Copy SSECI file and case folder from CASES and CASEDATA to new Enterprise app server.
Note: Additional repository locations may exist outside of the CASEDATA folders for each case. E.g. PST repositories, pleadings, etc.
NEW SQL SERVER
5) Restore a sql backup of an Enterprise case database to new sql server.
6) Repeat step 5 for each case db that you will move to a new sql server.
For Enterprise files
7) Based on what was done in step 4 above, edit the SSECI files to change the case directory, and if the database has been moved in sql, the database connect strings.
For NEW SQL SERVER
8) Remove security from the SQL databases. Use attached script named "DeleteSSEUserSchemaRolesV3". Note: Script will only run against Enterprise databases.
9) Use Admin console and Synchronize new security settings (created in step 3) to SQL databases.
10) If necessary, create a new SSEULM database using admin console.
Optional additional steps:
Again, based on what was done in step 4 above, edit all ini, UDL, XML files using Notepad++ and replace old path with new path. This should correct any pathing errors that appear for briefcases, transcript links, and other settings.
Do a new installation of Webblaze, to point to the new Enterprise server.
This article applies to: