How do I create a "Trusted User" in FTK/AD Lab?
FTK allows users to create "Trusted User" accounts, which then utilize users' Windows or domain credentials to automatically log in to FTK/AD Lab.
- Open the Add User dialog in FTK/AD Lab
- Click "Trusted User"
- Type your Windows or domain user name and click "OK". For FTK, you must only use local machine accounts, while you may use domain accounts in AD Lab.
- Click "OK" again
- If the Trusted user is a Domain User (AD Lab only), do the following:
Go to Tools > Set LDAP Authentication
Check the box "Enable LDAP Authentication"
In the "Base DN of LDAP" field, type your domain
- If a Domain User does not enable LDAP authentication before logging out or closing AD Lab, they may get locked out of AD Lab.
- Since you can not specific a domain server in FTK, it can only authenticate against locally stored or cached credentials. As such, you should not add Domain Users as Trusted Users in FTK.