How do I create a "Trusted User" in FTK/AD Lab?
FTK allows users to create "Trusted User" accounts, which then utilize users' Windows or domain credentials to automatically log in to FTK/AD Lab.
- Log into Lab as an Application Administrator
- Go to Tools > Set LDAP Authentication
- Check the box "Enable LDAP Authentication"
- In the "Base LDAP URL with DN" field, enter your LDAP server and base DN as per the format shown in the example.
- Click "OK"
- Go to Database > Administer Users > Add User
- Click "Trusted User"
- Enter the domain username of the desired user
- Click "OK" again
- Grant the user the desired Role and finish adding them
- If a Domain User does not enable LDAP authentication before logging out or closing AD Lab, they may get locked out of AD Lab.
- FTK also allows trusted users, but only for local machine accounts rather then domain accounts.
- This will not work if there is an existing Lab non-LDAP user account with the desired Domain username.
- You must be logged in to Windows using the desired LDAP user to run Lab.