How do I disable Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA) for the Litigation Hold website?
- On the Web/Lithold server, open IIS
- Drill down to the "LitHold Notification" site.
- Under "Authentication", enable only "Anonymous Authentication" for the LitHoldNotification site
- Open the file "Web.config" in the directory "[drive]:\Program Files\AccessData\LitHoldNotification\"
- Edit the authentication section from this:
<authentication mode="Windows" />
<authentication mode="None" />
- Edit the following line: <deny users="?" /> Change "?" to "0".
- Save the Web.config file
- Reset IIS (i.e., Start >> Run >> iisreset).
By default, the LitHold website is set to use IWA. If the People in the system do not have a domain and proper username configured or the website isn't configured to utilize Active Directory (LDAP) authentication, they will not be able to access the LitHold site.