How do I disable Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA) for the Litigation Hold website?
1. In IIS drill down to the "LitHold Notification" site.
2. Under "Authentication", enable only "Anonymous Authentication" for the LitHoldNotification site
Edit Config File
1. Open the file "Web.config" in the directory "[drive]:\Program Files\AccessData\LitHoldNotification\"
2. Edit the authentication section from this:
<authentication mode="Windows" />
to this: <authentication mode="None" />
3. Edit the following line: <deny users="?" /> Change "?" to "0".
4. Save the Web.config file
5. Reset IIS (i.e., Start >> Run >> iisreset).
By default, the LitHold website is set to use IWA. If the People in the system do not have a domain and proper username configured or the website isn't configured to utilize Active Directory (LDAP) authentication, they will not be able to access the LitHold site.