When browsing to one of our web-based products you get the error
Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings and try connecting to https://XXXX again. If this error persists, contact your site administrator.
- Make sure the URL you entered contains the correct hostname
- Verify the HTTPS protocol is bound to a certificate in IIS
- Open IIS Manager
- On the left, expand the entry for your server
- Expand "Sites"
- Right-click "Default Web Site" and select "Edit Bindings"
- Double-click the entry for "https"
- Select the desired certificate in the "SSL certificate" drop-down and click "OK"
- On the right, click "Restart"
- Verify TLS in enabled in Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Options
- Go to the Advanced tab
- In the Settings pane, scroll to the bottom and enable "Use TLS 1.0", "Use TLS 1.1", and "Use TLS 1.2"
- Restart Internet Explorer
- Server hostname in incorrect
- HTTPS is not bound to a certificate
- TLS is not enabled