Symptom: FTK can't connect to the Oracle database, and while following this article, "ftk2XDB" is not listed in the services summary section of the LSNRCTL utility.
Cause: Corruption in the Oracle database
- Open a Command Prompt (as Administrator)
- Start SQLplus with the command sqlplus
- Log into the database the username sys as sysdba
- If the customer performed a custom Oracle installation, when prompted, enter the password they set during installation. If the customer performed a "typical" Oracle installation, when prompted, they will need to contact Support to proceed.
- Run the following command:
recover database allow 1 corruption;
- Shutdown database with command shutdown
- Startup database with command startup
- Close the SQL session with the command exit
- Run the command lsnrctl
- At the LSNRCTL> prompt, run the command stop
- Wait a few minutes and run the command start
- Run the command status and see if the service "ftk2XDB" is now listed
Note: This technique will not work if more than one block is corrupt