How can I change the 'sa' password in MSSQL?
- Open SQL Server Management Studio
- Log in to SQL using "Windows Authentication" (this requires SQL admin permissions to have previously been given to your Windows account, usually during the SQL install)
- In the Object Explorer panel, expand Security, the Logins
- Right-click the "sa" account and click Properties
- Specify a new password and click OK
The 'sa' user password is need to provide the initial connection between MSSQL and any AccessData product.