Introduction: The following will allow you to reset the Application Administrator password. Please note that these steps only apply to FTK 3.4 - 4.1 using PostgreSQL.
- Open a Command Prompt (as Administrator)
- Navigate to the PostgreSQL installation directory (usually "C:\Program Files\AccessData\PostgreSQL\bin")
- Log into the database with the following command:
psql -p [port] -U postgres -W -d ftk2
- Enter your "postgres" password when prompted
- Enable extended display (makes the output easier to read) with the following command:
- Use the following command to list all FTK users and verify that the user knows the Application Administrator's username:
select * from [schema].users;
- Use the following command to set the Application Administrator's password to be just the letter 'a':
UPDATE [schema].users SET password=E'\\xb75005aa8388d5f08735bc1de789ece1' WHERE userid=1000;
- Launch FTK and log in as the Application Administrator, entering the letter 'a' for the password
- In FTK, the user can use the options under the "Database" menu to change their password to whatever they want
Refer to this for a list of database SIDs and schema names.