How can I install and link FTK to my existing Summation environment?
- An existing Summation environment
- FTK installation media
- At least the first two version numbers of both Summation and FTK must be the same. For example, FTK 5.6.4 should be used with Summation 5.6.3.
- The ADG database must have been originally created using the "AccessData Default Password" Authentication Mode in DBConfig.
- Mount the FTK ISO using an ISO mounter like winCDEmu, or burn the ISO to a disk
- Start the disk's autorun.exe
- At the splash screen, click "FTK Install 64-Bit"
- In the "AccessData FTK Suite" dialog, hit Next and accept the license agreement
- Select to do an "Advanced" setup
- Check only the "Forensic Tool Kit" box and click Install
- Follow the steps to complete the installation
- Start FTK and provide it with the database type and location of your Summation database
- In a one-box Summation setup, FTK must be installed on the same machine as Summation. In a distributed Summation setup, FTK must be installed on the same machine that has "WCF Services" and "Distributed Processing Manager" (or "Evidence Processing Engine"). This is because any products sharing a database should also share their processing engine(s).
- Summation and FTK permissions are separate, so you'll likely need to log in to FTK with the intial "Administrator" or "adg_admin" credentials created during the Summation install, then go to Tools > Administer Users to grant FTK permissions to your other users.
- If you're using MSSQL, it is recommended to set FTK to create each case in its own database