- When I create a new project in Summation Pro/eDiscovery it is not immediately displayed in the project list and the System Log may have one or both of the following errors:
1) "Error creating case: CaseId : 0, CaseName : XXXX: System.Transactions.TransactionException: The operation is not valid for the state of the transaction."
2) "Error Invoke operation 'CreateProject' failed. HttpRequestTimedOutWithoutDetail"
- When processing in Summation Pro/eDiscovery it may seem to do nothing for a while, but eventually displays the error
"Unable to connect to database 0".
- Case/project description says
"Autocreated during FTK Cases synchronization."even though the case was created in Summation/eDiscovery.
- The Processing Options tab doesn't show a Processing Mode selected.
Ensure that all components are able to communicate with each other through the Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) using DTCPing. This is typically done over port 135. Refer to the steps here for proper DTCPing usage.
If the machines were created as clones in a virtual environment they may share a CID. This will prevent transactions from completing. To resolve this, generate a new CID for one of the machines. Additional MSDTC troubleshooting options can be found here.
Ensure the Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator service is started and the Firewall has the correct exceptions for it.
The article below may also assist with determining MSDTC related issues:
Attached is a script that will check all servers for the MSDTC service. It should be run from the MAP (Web) server.