Introduction: Even when UAC (User Account Control) is turned off locally, remotely executed commands still may not be run with Administrator permissions, especially on non-domain machines. Remote UAC may also prevent access to admin shares. The following describes how to disable remote UAC.
- Open regedit.exe (as Administrator)
- Navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System"
- Right-click in the blank area in the right pane and select New > DWORD Value
- Name the new value "LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy"
- Double-click on the newly created "LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy" value
- Type 1 into the "Value data" entry and click OK
- Reboot the computer