There could be many causes for this:
- Ensure the device is on and unlocked.
- For GSM "dumb" phones, make sure a SIM is inserted. Use a forensic SIM if possible but do *not* use a foreign SIM from another phone or provider.
- The drivers may not be installed or may be corrupt. Reinstall the drivers and ensure the device’s ports show up in Device Manager.
- Ensure the phone is supported by MPE+ and you have selected the correct Manufacturer and Model.
- Try connecting over a different port.
- MPE+ sometimes requires that the device be connected before launching MPE+.
- You can contact AccessData Support at 800-658-5199 if you continue to have problems after following these points.