Devices: Supported Windows Mobile OS devices (Not Windows Phone OS)
Type of Capture: Logical
- Install the Windows Mobile drivers from the MPE+ Driver Pack.
- Power on the device.
- In the "USB to PC" options on the phone, enable "ActiveSync" and "Enable faster data synchronization".
- Connect the device with the proper cable. Windows Mobile Device Center should see the device, but do not tell it to connect.
- Click the "Select Device" button on the Main toolbar in MPE+.
- Select the proper Manufacture and Model from the dropdowns.
- Click "Connect".
- If prompted on the phone to install the OxygenEngine.dll, accept and allow the installation.
- Proceed to acquire the data you want.
- If a Windows Mobile device isn't explicitly listed as supported, you can often still perform the extraction by selecting "Windows Mobile Phone" in the Manufacturer drop-down and "Generic Windows Mobile Phone" in the Model drop-down.