How can I move my Cases and CaseData folders to another server/share? This assumes the application is remaining where it is, and only the data is moving.
1) Copy the folders to their new location;
2) Update the paths in all .CI and .INI files in the Cases folder and its subfolders. This can be done easily in a text editor such as Notepad++ by searching the Cases folder for all files of type .CI and .INI, and then using Replace to edit all of the listed files at once. Replace the old server name/case path with the updated name/path;
3) Update the paths in all .UDL and .XML folders in the CaseData subfolders using the same method;
NOTE: Textpad should not be used with UDL files; Textpad can edit a UDL file, but then it also may toggle a binary flag on each UDL file. The presence of the binary flag on a UDL will cause problems when iBlaze attempts to open the linked data content using the UDL.
4) In the Admin Console, go to the Groups tab and use the Case Paths button to update the case listing location for at least the Admin group (if you are using Summation security, change the case listing for all groups);
NOTE: It may be necessary to run SWAdmin.exe to open the Admin console. If so, then please be sure to run SWAdmin from a network path (i.e. browse to the "Admin" folder via a UNC path, and run SWAdmin.exe).
5) Use the Case Options button to Verify Case Info files in the new location after the path has been changed;
6) Be sure to change the Case Listing location (Case -> Tools -> Set Case Listing Location) and the Case Create (Case -> Open -> Right-click on top level folder -> Set Case Create Location) locations so that new cases are created in the proper place.
If your image paths in the Imginfo table are not predicated on @I, they may also need to be updated. For example if your images reside in the Images folder but the path is hard-coded, they will no longer be viewable in the new location until the path has been corrected. You can do this in the Imginfo table's Defdir field using Global Replace.