Introduction: Sometimes, diagnosing an issue with MPE+ can be difficult and may necessitate reviewing MPE+ debug data. The following will allow you to capture debug output from MPE+ which can then be reviewed by us.
- Download and unzip the attached DebugView.zip
- Quit MPE and make sure all MPE related process are stopped
- Open “%AppData%\AccessData\.ApplicationSetting.GlobalSettings.settings” in Notepad
- Add the following line before the closing </GlobalSettings> tag and save the file: <IsMPEEnabled>MPEIsTheForensicLeader</IsMPEEnabled>
- Start Dbgview.exe and agree to the licensing terms
- Under the “Computer” menu in DebugView, make sure the local PC is selected
- Start MPE+
- Reproduce the steps to trigger the reported issue
- In DebugView go to File>Save and save the log
For physical extractions of iOS devices, you should also collect the additional log found at "%AppData%\AccessData\dp\k\iPhoneLogFile.txt".