Network License Server (NLS) Configuration and Troubleshooting Guide
- CodeMeter Runtime 3.30a or newer must be installed on the same machine as NLS
- Install NLS from here
Network Dongle Notes
- Only physical CodeMeter dongles can be used as network dongles.
- Network dongles cannot be used with Summation or eDiscovery.
- AccessData License Manager 2.2.6 or newer should be installed in order to manage licenses on the network dongle.
- Network dongles can hold up to 120 licenses. Each License has a capacity to hold 120 sub licenses.
- Contact AccessData Technical Support to have your CodeMeter device flagged as a "network dongle" (required for NLS).
Server System Notes
- Make sure CodeMeter device is flagged as "network dongle" (i.e. License Manager will show the serial as “1181234N”. To have this flag set on your CodeMeter device, please contact AccessData Technical Support)
- Server system must be configured to not block incoming and outgoing traffic on TCP port 6921
- A web interface to view and revoke licenses all licenses is accessible at http://localhost:5555 (this page can only reached locally on the server)
- A "network dongle" cannot be used to run AccessData products locally unless the NLS server is running locally.
- Some versions of windows may not find a local NLS server when the DNS hostname of the server is provided. In those cases, it is recommended to use a static IP address.
- When using the NLS across domains, users must have permissions to access resources on both domains (either by dual-domain membership or cross-domain trust).
- When running NLS on Windows Server 2008, Terminal Services must be installed and accepting connections. If Terminal Services is not configured it will not open the port and share out the licenses correctly.
- The name of the service according to Windows is "AccessData Network License Service".
Client System Notes
- Any client system that needs to lease a license from the NLS server will automatically check for the License Server address information which is held on the client system at "C:\ProgramData\AccessData\Products\Common\NLMPreferences.xml"
- If the NLS client application is having trouble reading a license either from the NLS server or from a security device (dongle), it is recommended to delete the file at "C:\ProgramData\AccessData\Products\Common\NLMPreferences.xml" in order to reset the licensing configuration to default.
- Client system must be configured to not block incoming and outgoing traffic on TCP port 6921.