When installing an AccessData Service, you receive the error "Account verification failed". This error can be presented during any of the following installations:
- AccessData MAP
- AccessData WCF Services
- AccessData Distributed Processing Manager
- AccessData Distributed Processing Engine
- Make sure you are logged into Windows using your chosen service account, and that the service account has full Administrator permissions on the local machine.
- Open a Command Prompt
- Run the command
whoami(this will return the domain and user you are logged in as, in the form
domain/userif you're on a domain or in the form
machine_name/userif you're in workgroup)
- Back at the User Credentials dialog in the AccessData installer, fill in the fields appropriately:
User name: This should be the
userreported in step 3
Domain: This should be the
domainreported in step 3 (if you're not on a domain, leave this field blank)
Password: This should be the password for the user name entered
- Click "Next" and Windows will validate the credentials and allow the installation to proceed.
This is an error from Windows indicating a problem with the credentials entered during the installation.