The following steps will allow you to remove a Virtual CodeMeter (VCM) from your PC. This would be necessary if you have received a new VCM or if you'd like to use a physical dongle instead.
If you receive the error "Unable to import the WBB" while activating a Virtual CodeMeter, this typically means there are remnants of a previous Virtual CodeMeter that you will need to remove with these steps prior to activating a new one.
1) Close License Manager and CodeMeter Control Center.
2) Open services.msc (i.e. the "Services" administration tool).
3) Find and stop the service named "CodeMeter Runtime Server".
4) Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeMeter\CmAct
Note: Another possible location for the "CmAct" folder is "%programdata%\codemeter\CmAct".
5) Delete the .WBB file (or move it to another folder, if preferred)
Note: the WBB file cannot be regenerated. Move the WBB file to another folder if you need the ability to reinstate the virtual dongle.
6) Restart the CodeMeter Runtime Service