How can I add AD Lab to an existing Summation environment?
- An existing, functioning Summation environment connected to MSSQL
- AD Lab ISO or disc (make sure the first two numbers in the AD Lab version number match the first two numbers in your Summation version)
- A valid AD Lab license
- Insert/mount the AD Lab installation media.
- From the disc’s autorun menu, click either “Lab 32 Bit Install” or “Lab 64 Bit Install”, depending on your PC’s architecture.
- Click “Install Lab” and follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- Start AD Lab and tell it to connect to the same database as your Summation setup.
- Log in with the Summation Super Admin credentials.
- Go to Database > Administer Users.
- Proceed to assign the desired AD Lab permissions to your existing Summation users.
- If your Summation environment is a one-box setup, AD Lab should be installed on that same machine.
- If your Summation environment is distributed over several machines, and you are using the EP hack for distributed processing, AD Lab should be installed on the machine housing "AccessData WCF Services".
- If your Summation environment is distributed over several machines, and you are using a Processing Manager for distributed processing, AD Lab can be installed on any machine and you can simply point it to your existing Processing Manager when doing any jobs.