If a user is trying to open a case using FTK and they see a message "In order to run this product your database must first be updated please login as an application administrator", check to make sure there is a valid value in the SchemaVersion field in the [Schema].cmn_Cases table.
NOTE: The value of [Schema] will vary depending on the version of the software. For example, the table name in version 5.2.0 of FTK would be ADG56.cmn_Cases. The table name in version 5.6.0 of FTK would be ADG510.cmn_Cases.
- Open your SQL management software (e.g., SQL Management Studio for MSSQL or PGAdmin3 for PostgreSQL).
- Select the ADG database and expand the tables.
- Right-click on [Schema].ADG.cmn_Cases and select "Select top 1000 rows".
- Look for the SchemaVersion column and check for any entry that says NULL.
- Update the NULL value to match the values for the other entries.