Symptom: After starting the KFF 3.2 installation, it fails with the message "Internal Error 27557"
Cause: This is caused by an incompatibility between the old installer for Oracle and the original KFF 3.2 installer
Resolution 1 (Recommended for stability and compatibility):
- Back up all existing cases.
- Uninstall "AccessData Oracle 1.2" from the Add/Remove Programs menu.
- Delete the [Drive]:\Program Files\Oracle folder.
- Delete the [Drive]:\Oracle folder at the root of any attached drive where you have tried to install it.
- Delete HKLM\Software\Oracle from the registry.
- Download the newest Oracle installer ISO here.
- Mount the ISO and install Oracle.
- Launch FTK 3.2 to create the 3.2 schema in the new database.
- Install the 3.2 KFF.
- Restore any cases you backed up.
- Browse the contents of the FTK 3.2 App Install disk (or ISO) to the "KFF" folder.
- Copy the FTK_32_KFF.7z. to the root of drive C:\.
- Unmount or eject the FTK App install disk (or ISO).
- Download the custom KFF 3.2 installer MSI from ftp.accessdata.com (username: support14, password: accessdata1) and save it to the root of drive C:\.
- Launch the AccessData KFF Library 3.2.msi.
- As you proceed through the installer prompts you should receive a message stating that it is unable to locate the disk. You will then be prompted to provide the path to the folder that contains the 7 zip file (7z).
- After providing the path, continue through the rest of the installer as you would normally.