What Does the "Default" Option in the Forensic Tools Installer Do?
The "Default" installation option is a simplified installation method, requiring little user-interaction, that will install PostgreSQL, the Evidence Processing Engine, and the selected product with their default values. These values consist of the following:
- The PostgreSQL data folder (pgdata) will be allocated to the drive with the most free space
- The Processing Temp folder (adtemp) will be allocated to "%UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Temp"
- The Processing State folder (PM) will be allocated to "%ProgramData%\AccessData"
- The PostgreSQL "postgres" password will be set to AD@Password
- The Forensic Tools username is Administrator
- The Forensic Tools password is abc123
NOTE: The "Default" installation option will only be available if any version of PostgreSQL, FTK, or the Evidence Processing Engine have not been installed before. If you have installed these before, or wish to set different installation options, you will need to select the "Advanced" installation method.