This occurs if a Windows Mobile phone has locked down access to its data. You can perform the following steps to gain full access to the phone and resolve this.
- Download and unzip the attached Windows Mobile Exploit.zip
- Connect the phone to the PC
- Browse to the phone's storage using Windows Explorer
- If the phone has a touchscreen, copy "ClearSecurity(Touchsreen).cab" to the root of the phone's storage. If the phone does not have a touchscreen, copy "ClearSecurity.cab" to the root of the phone's storage.
- On the phone, run "File Explorer" (usually under the Start menu) and navigate to and run the CAB file that you copied over
- When prompted, allow the program to install then click "OK". This changes the permissions on the phone and unlocks the necessary data.
- Now, uninstall the program we just installed, "SOTI MobileControl Device Agent"
- Proceed to use MPE+ and extract the desired data