How do I configure AD Enterprise to use Active Directory (LDAP) Authentication?
Please follow the steps below:
- Open the Management Server Configuration in "[drive_letter]:\Program Files\AccessData\Management Server\Utilities\admsconfig.exe."
- Under the Database Connection tab, enter the information to connect to your ADMS database and click Verify
Note: This enables the Save button
- Click the LDAP Authentication tab.
- Check the box Enable LDAP Authentication.
- Fill in the Server, Port, Base DN, User DN (this should be user name), and Password.
- Click Verify
- Click Save and then Close
- Accounts still need to be created and permissions assigned in the AccessData Management Server (ADMS). The username created in ADMS should match the Windows username (i.e., samAccountName).
- Management Server will still prompt you to create a password for each new account. This is used as a redundant password to log into Enterprise in case the Active Directory connection is not working.
This feature alleviates the burden of password management from the Application Administrators.