You get "Unable to Open Evidence" when clicking on any evidence in FTK.
- Open your case in FTK
- Go to Evidence > Add/Remove
- On the left, highlight the evidence image in question
- On the right you can see the stored path to the selected image
- Correct the path to point to the image's current location
- Click OK
- If FTK is still not linking to the evidence, close and reopen FTK.
This typically occurs when the evidence has been moved or the drive letter to the evidence has changed.
Note: This may not work with all live evidence. If the state or location of live evidence changes, you will need to re-process the evidence.