This simple feature will allow you to take multiple fields and concatenate (merge) them into a single field.
- On the load file generation screen click the near selected mappings, this will open up the field contents text box as seen in the above image.
- The syntax for this Custom Field is fields separated by brackets: [Field Name1] [Field Name2]
- After you are ready Click Add, this will create a row in the field mapping area.
- Click the blank area to name your new field.
Here are some useful examples from our users, please comment with any additional uses of this feature:
- To create a single field with a text path that exists in either of the tokens
- [EXPORTOCRFULLPATH] [EXPORTFILTTEXTFULLPATH].
- To create a single field with Volume number and the export Time
- [EXPORTVOLUME] [EXPORTTIME]
- To create a single field that contains BEGINDOC and ENDDOC with a dash in between (also known as BATESRANGE)