Symptom: Oracle installer gets almost to the end then says "Error occurred while running Database Configuration Assistant".
- Bad download/media
- Not clean install
- Oracle services are still on the PC
- The computer name contains a number at the end.
- Ensure that the computer name does not begin with a number. If it does, change it before proceeding.
- Ensure that "AccessData Oracle" is not listed in Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features. If it is listed, uninstall it.
- In the registry (regedit) navigate to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services and delete all keys that start with the word "Oracle". Also delete the HKLM\Software\Oracle key, then reboot.
- Delete the "Oracle" folder from the root of the drive that you specified as Oracle's install path (eg. if you installed Oracle on C:\, delete the folder "C:\Oracle").
- Delete the "Program Files\Oracle" folder.
- Mount/burn the Database installer and install Oracle.