- This method allows for users to be created and maintained within the application
- Consistent login page regardless of location.
- No Active Directory integration
Integrated Windows Authentication
- The users logging into the application will leverage Windows Active Directory to authenticate the users against active directory
- The user logged into the computer will be automatically passed to the application for authentication
- User must exist in Active Directory prior to adding permissions in Summation
AD Forms Authentication
- This is a hybrid method that requires log in credentials be entered regardless of being on or off domain.
- Users are required to use Domain\User format when entering in this information
- During installation choose forms authentication and after installation is complete go to the Management Console -> Settings Active Directory Configuration to enable Windows users.