Product / Version
Summation Pro, eDiscovery, AD Lab
Issue / Symptoms
AccessData services and Application Pools can't start, because the service account that AccessData's products were installed under had its password changed through Active Directory or through CTRL+ALT+DEL > Change password.
This typically results in a "Service Unavailable" error when accessing Summation or eDiscovery.
*****If the service account used to install AccessData's products had its password changed through "Local users and groups" >> "Set password" this will not work and Windows will have to be reinstalled and start over from scratch.*******
AccessData products use cached credentials to Start the AccessData Services and the IIS Application Pools. When the password is changed these services can't start.
On every machine involved in your setup:
1. Open the Services snap-in (services.msc)
2. If the machine has any of the below services, for each service, right-click on the service and click Properties, then choose the "Log On" tab and update the password.
- AccessData Business Services Common
- AccessData eDiscovery Business Services
- AccessData Infrastructure Services
- AccessData License Service
- AccessData Orchestration Services
- AccessData Processing Engine Service
- AccessData Processing Manager Service
- AccessData RTT Business Services
- AccessData Site Server Service
- AccessData Synchronization and Notification Service
- AccessData Third-Party Integration Services
- AccessData Work Distribution Services
- AccessData Work Manager
3. Open IIS
4. Expand your server
5. Highlight Application Pools
6. If the machine has any of the below Application Pools, for each one, right-click the Application Pool and click Advanced Settings, then click the ellipses next to "Process Model Identity" to update the password:
7. Reboot the server