Loose files to AD1
Description: As part of the best practices when dealing with loose files in a directory. It is recommended to first put those into a forensic container to maintain the integrity of the dataset. By doing this you will prevent intentional or un-intentional tampering with the original data. Below are instructions on adding these files to an AD1 forensic container using the free FTK Imager program.
- Download and install FTK Imager from the following location: http://www.accessdata.com/support/product-downloads
- Open FTK Imager
- Open File menu and choose Create Disk Image
- Select contents of a folder
- You will get a prompt describing what will be included in the folder, click yes.
- Choose path to the folder and click finish
- Click Add
- Add Tracking information for the AD1
- Choose location and name of the AD1 file.
- Click Start
- After complete add as an image file to Summation Pro.