How do I change (or update) the path to my existing case folders?
IMPORTANT: Changing the case folder path currently does not work for FTK/Lab/Enterprise cases that were processed using the Restore Points feature. This is expected to be fixed in a future version.
This method requires FTK, Lab, or Enterprise to change the evidence path.
1. Open FTK and login to the interface
2. Highlight the desired case
3. Click the ellipses next to Case Path
4. Browse to and select the new case folder location
Note: This assumes you've already moved the case folder itself and its contents on your drive/share. It will not move the data for you.
5. Click on any other case to be prompted to save the new case path
Changing the case path may be necessary if the case folder was moved from one location to another.