How do I configure eDiscovery 6.3 to collect from OneDrive?
To configure the application to collect from OneDrive is a two part process.
First, you must create a OneDrive Server application:
1. Navigate to the Microsoft Application Registration Portal (https://apps.dev.microsoft.com/)
2. Log in with your organization’s OneDrive administrator’s credentials
3. At “My Applications” click “Add an app”
4. Give your application a Name and click “Create”
5. Take note of the “Application ID”
6. Under Application Secrets click “Generate New Password”
7. Take note of the generated password (it will not be shown again)
8. Under Platforms click “Add Platform”
9. Select “Web”
10. Uncheck “Allow Implicit Flow” and add a Redirect URL in the form https://<eDiscoBaseURL>/accessdata
NOTE: Your URL should be formed like this: https://contosocompany/accessdata.
NOTE: You HAVE to use your organization's named URL from the "AD eDiscovery" application.
11. At the bottom of the page, click “Save”
12. In eDiscovery, click "Data Sources"
13. Select the OneDrive tab:
14. In eDiscovery, enter the noted Application ID, Application Secret, and Redirect URL:
15. Click Authorize:
16. When prompted, log in with your organization’s OneDrive "Global Admin" credentials and click “Accept”
- You may need to allow pop-ups.
- The account used to Authorize the connection must have the "Global Admin" role in OneDrive.
- Verify that you get the message: “You have successfully connected to the OneDrive!”
17. Close the secondary window.
18. Click OK. (This must be done within a limited amount of time.)
Note: You can configure more than one connector if needed.
Associating People to OneDrive
For the application to collect from OneDrive, People must be configured with a valid O365 email address.