How can you automatically add domain users to Lab with the desired roles/permissions by utilizing LDAP groups.
- In Active Directory Administration Center, create a new group
- Add any desired users to that group
- On your Lab machine, launch Lab and log in with an existing Application Administrator account
- Go to Tools > Set LDAP Authentication
- Check "Enable LDAP authentication", enter your LDAP server and Base DN information as shown, and click OK
- Go to Database > Administer Groups
- Click "Select LDAP Groups"
- Check group from step 21 and click OK
- Highlight the newly added group on the left, select the desired role(s) to associate to it, click Save, then Close
- On a machine with Lab, log into Windows as one of the users from step 2
- Launch Lab to be automatically logged in and given the appropriate role
- This will not work if your account has already been created manually as a Trusted User, or if there is an existing Lab use account with your Domain username.
- During step 11, Lab will automatically insert your user, with the appropriate role(s), into the Lab user database.
- You must be logged in to Windows using the desired account for step 11. Using "Run as different user" will not work.