Please refer to the AD Lab user guide for detailed instructions on how to perform the actions below.
The following should be done on all machines running the Lab examiner.
- Launch AD Lab (as Administrator).
- When prompted, enter the appropriate database information fo Lab.
- Log in as an Application Administrator, or, if this is the first time connecting any products to that database, follow prompts to create the initial Application Administrator user.
- Go to Tools > Preferences.
- Set "Choose temporary file path" to the desired location for ADTemp.
- If you will be using the KFF, click "Configure KFF", point it to the ElasticSearch server, and click "Test" and "Save".
- Select Case > New.
- Enter a "Case Name".
- Ensure the "Case Folder Directory" in a UNC path to which the service account and the Windows account running Lab have full access.
- Ensure the "Processing Manager" drop-down is properly configured for the Distributed Processing Manager.
- Click "OK" to create and open the case.
- Go to Evidence > Add/Remove.
- Select any evidence you'd like to test with. The path must be a UNC path to which the service account and Windows account running Lab have full access.
- Confirm that the selected evidence finishes processing.
- All paths used in Lab should be UNC paths to which the service account and the Windows account running Lab have full access.
- In any case creation or job dialogs always ensure the "Processing Manager" drop-down is pointed to the machine running the Distributed Processing Manager.