How do I properly configure Summation/eDiscovery to use Lotus Notes Client for NSF Reduction?
- Log into the machine running your Exports Work Manager using your service account.
- Install Lotus Notes Client with default options.
- If prompted, do not make Lotus Notes your default email, calendar, or contacts program.
- Open and configure Lotus Notes according to the following notes:
- Set “Your Name” to “ad_service”.
- Do not connect to a Domino server.
- Do not set up instant messaging.
- Do not set up any additional services.
- Do not make Lotus Notes your default e-mail program.
- If presented with the option, select the check box “In the future, do not perform this check”.
- Accept other default setup options.
- From the “File” menu, point to “Security”, and select “User Security”.
- In the “User Security” dialog box, select the “Security Basics” tab.
- Under the heading “Your Login and Password Settings”, click “Change Password”.
- Create and confirm your Lotus Notes password, and click “OK”.
- Back at the “User Security” dialog box, expand “What Others Do” and select “Using Workstation”.
- Under “When code is signed by”, select the entry “-Default-“ and check every box under “Allow access to”. Repeat this for the “-No Signature-“ entry.
- Click “OK” and close Lotus Notes.
- Open the Services snap-in (services.msc).
- Find the “Multi User Cleanup Service”. If the service is not listed, skip to step 16.
- Double-click “Multi User Cleanup Service” to open the Properties dialog box.
- In the “Startup type” box select “Manual” if it is not already set as such.
- Under “Service status” click “Stop” if the service is running.
- Click “OK”.
- Close the “Services” window.
- Log into Summation/eDiscovery as an Application Admin.
- Click the “Management” icon in the upper-right.
- On the “System Configuration” tab click “Notes Certificates”.
- Click “Browse” and select the User.id file at “C:\Users\<service_account>\AppData\Local\IBM\Notes\Data\User.id”.
If user.id file not found at that location, check C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Lotus\Notes\Data\User.id
- Enter the password you created in step 7 and click “Save Certificate” then “Close”.