Configure the eDiscovery Work Manager to Work with a Proxy
eDiscovery can be configured to work with a proxy server when running collections against targets hosted on third-party providers such as Office365 by following the steps below.
- Logon to the server hosting the Collections Work Manager
- Browse to C:\Program Files\AccessData\eDiscovery\Work Manager
- Create a file called WebProxyConfig.xml with the below contents
- Edit the key values as follows:
- Address must be a valid URL object and can include port numbers
- UserName, Password, and Domain must correspond to an account with permission to pass through the proxy
- Please note that the password will be stored as plain text here
- If UseDefaultCredentials is FALSE, the Work Manager will use the credentials in Credentials to pass through the proxy. If UseDefaultCredentials is TRUE, the Work Manager will ignore Credentials and use the service account running the "AccessData Work Manager" service to pass through the proxy
- If BypassProxyOnLocal is TRUE, the Work Manager will ignore the proxy for any EWS target that is on the domain.
- Save the file and Recycle Services