Where certificates are used:
- To communicate with Agents *
- Between the Work Manager and SiteServer *
- Between two or more SiteServer instances *
- The Summation/eDiscovery website**
- The Enterprise Management Server website**
- Between the Management Server and AD Enterprise ***
* For use with Agents, Site Server, or the Work Manager, the certificates must either be signed by a trusted root CA, or be created with certman.
** "Issued To" name must match the base URL of the website, or be a wildcard certificate for the domain.
*** The Management Server has been deprecated as of Enterprise 6.5.
- Follow the X.509 standard
- Be RFC 5280 compliant
- Use either SHA-1 or SHA-256
- Private Certificates must be signed by a trusted root CA
- Public Certificates must include the full chain (root CA and any intermediate CAs)
Supported formats for Public Certificates:
- Base64 encoded CER/CRT (only for self-signed certificates created with certman)
- Binary DER encoded P7B (including all certificates in the certification path)
Supported formats for Private Certificates:
- Unencrypted PEM
- PFX (converted to ADP12 by our software)